Sunday 6 May 2012

Hooray For Boobies


Now, before I go any further, I need to explain the title. At my class on Tuesday I made the bodice for my dress toile. I must admit that I got quite excited- when I started sewing I didn't realise that what I was doing would end up creating such a great shape! I waltzed home and announced that I had 'made a boob' much to my mother's confusion. She kept asking me what I'd done wrong...oh dear.

It was a little bit tricky, but I've learned a lot. The most exciting thing being...I finally know what the little arrows on the pattern pieces means! Ok, so I realise I could have just Googled it and it would have told me, but that's too sensible for me. ANYWAY, for those of you who don't know, you simply match the arrows up when you connect another pattern piece. It's fairly simple I guess.

So, my only problem is that it doesn't actually fit. So I've had to rip the stitches several hundred times. My seam ripper is now my new best friend. Actually, its not, it needs thrown out because it BROKE. The seam allowance is pretty big so I'm cutting it down from 5/8ths to 1/4. Hopefully that will help, if not my tutor is going to help me insert an extra piece. Or I'm going on a diet.

I also nearly wound up sewing it right up- forgetting I need to leave the back open for the zip!

So Tuesday will see me trying to sort out my fatty problems, and having a go at the collar. I'm going to play around with the tab and decide whether to use it or not. Oh and I have the sleeves to do too. I'm getting there, slowly. Not convinced it will be done at the end of the four weeks I've got left at the class nevermind the real thing.

In other news my royal mania is continuing; today I bought this awesome shopping bag:

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I wish I could sew lol. Also, I looove your new bag! Long live the Queen ;)

    daydream frenzy

    Swimsuit Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not convinced I can actually sew! You should try taking it up though, there are so many awesome blogs and tutorials worth looking at. Thanks for the comment! Lx

      Delete