Monday 30 April 2012

Memory

You might have guessed that I'm not one of those people who refuses to share recipes. I quite like to pass on recipes that I love- it's a compliment if someone asks how to make something (not that I make them up myself!).

Anyway, other than the cake I gave you the recipe for on Saturday, my favourite bake is 'Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownies'. Being honest I can't remember where the recipe came from originally- I have a feeling it was the wonderful Good Food website but if you happen to know otherwise please do let me know. 
So the blog post title is 'Memory'....why? Well, I haven't made these brownies for about 3 years (despite their amazingness) and I can remember just about every time I made them. I once made so many that I ended up delivering them to friends on campus at uni, I traded some for a loaf of Veda Bread (BEST. TRADE. EVER.), an ex made some and posted them to me in Oxford (they weren't as good as mine though), I taught my Mum to make them, I gave everyone I knew the recipe...need I go on? There are a lot of happy (and unhappy I guess) memories attached to these. So, here is the recipe for the Brownies from an unknown source which I have renamed 'Memory Brownies'. Yum.

Ingredients

150g butter (Stork will do but butter is better) (try saying that after a few drinks)
220g dark choc (if you're buying 100g bars then 200g is totally fine, that's what I use. Oh, and this tastes AMAZING even if you use Tesco value 29p chocolate.)
220g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs (be ethical and buy free range, go on)
75g plain flour
75g self-raising flour
100g white chocolate (I tend to buy a bag of chocolate drops from the baking section)
100g fresh raspberries (frozen ones could work but I'm not sure...the recipe tastes good even without these)

Preheat fan oven to 180 degrees

1. Melt the butter together with the dark chocolate in the biggest pot you own. (ok, maybe not if you own a pressure cooker style pot, but use a big one)
2. Remove the pot from the heat.
3. Add everything else except from the white chocolate and the raspberries. Feel free to sieve things, but I don't bother.
4. Throw anyone who likes to eat raw cake batter out of the kitchen (you will not get them to stop eating this, if I could get over my fear of eggs I would totally eat this all in one sitting before it was baked)
5. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until it looks er mixed. (DO. NOT. EAT.)
6.Grease a baking tray or line it with greaseproof paper. Or don't, but don't blame me if it gets stuck in the pan (although that would be a great excuse to eat it all straight from the oven)
7. If you didn't grease your tin then leave it a second so it isn't still really hot- otherwise your white chocolate will melt and that will not be cool
8. Mix in the chocolate drops and the raspberries. I try not to  mash the raspberries up too much, but it totally doesn't matter.
9. Pour into that greased baking tray.
10. Throw into the oven. I put them in for about 2o - 30 mins. But then I like my brownies to be totally gooey- if I wanted to make fully cooked brownies I would have followed a cake recipe. Basically take them out when you think they look cooked enough for you. If the top wobbles they're not cooked enough even for me.
 11. Place on a cooling rack. STEP AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES. Seriously.
12. Serve hot with ice cream. Or cold with ice cream. Or cream. Or on their own. Or straight out the tin with a spoon. Can you guess which one of these serving suggestions I followed...?!

I had to miss out the left hand side because I ate it all

Congratulations, your life is now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment