Monday 23 April 2012

Machines

It's almost time for my next night class and I still haven't written about last week's! Well, not much to report other than...I learned to use an industrial sewing machine which was trés exciting. Threading machines up poses little difficulty now (I've been shown how to thread at least 6 different machines, I'm now quite happy to just sit down and have a go) and the fact that it was proper heavy duty made it very novel. I won't babble too much about the machine, but using one of these bad boys could be likened to driving a car you have lusted after for many years. It had all sorts of little added niceties, you can cut the thread with the pedal as well as lift the foot, which made it a dream to sew with. I'm looking forward to using it for the next few weeks.

I've chosen my fabric (see previous post) and my pattern so I'm ready to go. I had another wee wander to the Fabric Bazaar to pick up a little more material to have a go at making a skirt too. I'm nothing if not ambious!

No comments:

Post a Comment