Saturday 14 April 2012

Material girl

So...I signed up for another night class.

I have a rather fraught history with taking craft (and photography) classes. I've done a few- from the amazing to the awful. My favourite by far was the 'Vintage Accessories' class I took last year- I learnt a lot and really enjoyed it. The tutor was brilliant and really took the time to make sure everyone at the class gained new skills. My least favourite was purchased through Itison- it was meant to involve afternoon cake and tea and lots of crafty goodness. Instead we sat in a freezing shop, listening to 'Hark the Herald' on loop and drank cold tea (with Tunnock's biscuits) while a disinterested 'tutor' served customers. Let's just say I won't be returning there for any of my craft supplies.

My latest class is in dressmaking. I'll be honest, I have absolutely no dressmaking experience whatsoever. I can't actually sew on buttons (that's my mum's job- they're too fiddly for me) so this should be a 'challenge'. I'm starting to worry a bit about what I've let myself in for.

Anyway, here's the plan. Each week I intend to photograph my progress and document how I'm getting on with my project. I'm thinking I want to make a pencil skirt, preferably for my graduation. I doubt I'll come up with anything wearable, but it's worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment