Friday 27 April 2012

Puzzle

Tuesday night's evening class went well, Cardonald isn't the handiest to get to but it's a lovely new college.

I've got everything pinned to my fabric, ready to cut out to make my toile. It took me the full 2.5 hours to get through cutting the pattern out and pinning it- although I did chat a little too much! This dressmaking business is rather time consuming. It is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, you have to fit the pieces on to the fabric so they all face the correct way. Of course certain pieces must be on the fold so it's a bit of a faff!

I nipped into my favourite fabric store last week and picked up some rather lovely lining for my dress at a pound a metre. It's navy blue and spotty so looks perfect with my navy fabric.



I also bought myself a new sewing tin (I've been needing one for a while). Ok, so it's an M & S shortbread tin, but it's the perfect size for all the bits and pieces I need to take to my class. I'm a little bit in love with the Royal Family so this will go nicely with my Royal Wedding tins!


The toile should start to take shape this week so hopefully I'll have something a little more interesting to report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment